Welcome To My Art Space

Fabric art is my passion. My interest in fabric started as clothes construction then progressed to quiltmaking-craftsmanship. Now for me it's a medium of creative expression.
clairegimber@cox.net

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Juried Art Quilts Show

Recently I was juried into the Art Quilts XIII show at The Chandler Center for the Performing Arts in Arizona. The show runs Nov.7 thru Dec.31,2008. Here is a picture of my quilt. The title is 13 Lotus Flowers For My Mother. It is one in a series of three quilts that I have done as a tribute to my mother and her crochet work, which I have incorporated into the bottom right hand side of this piece. The work is 40" x 48".

I was thirteen when she died. There are references to religious symbols in the quilts, because I remember my mother as being very religious.


Here are the two other quilts in the series: 13 Flowers For My Mother, which is 24" x 24".



13 Roses For My Mother, which is 36" x 36".

No comments: