Welcome To My Art Space

Fabric art is my passion. My interest in fabric started as clothes construction then progressed to quiltmaking-craftsmanship. Now for me it's a medium of creative expression.
clairegimber@cox.net

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

CEREUS CACTUS


Here in the Sonoran Desert of Arizona there is a cactus that blooms beautiful flowers in the Springtime after the sun goes down. It is called Cereus Cactus. As a challenge for the Maverick's Quilt group, that I belong to in the Phoenix area, we had to use botanicals as a theme and I had purple, blue and green as my colors of fabric to use. My quilted wall hanging measures 23"X33" and is titled 'Night Blooming Cereus Cactus'.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I'm happy you posted on your own!! This is one of my favorite wall hangings you've done, aside from the one I have at home :)
Love you!
Amy :)

Anonymous said...

I agree, I really like this one too. Maybe I could find a place for it.